Denim is what we do, meaning five-pocket jeans will always be a pillar of our brand. To us, a regular fit is something that can be worn by anyone, anywhere, and embodies why jeans are such a ubiquitous garment. An unquestionable standard.
We took inspiration from leg shapes used on iconic men's jeans in the late 50's and early 60's and dialed in what we consider to be the perfect standard fit. It's a relaxed-but-tidy silhouette with a higher rise for comfort and mobility, leaving you with a jean you can throw on every day and make your own.
This pair of our Regular Fit jeans is made from 14.25 oz. raw selvedge denim, made in Japan on vintage shuttle looms. Woven from pure indigo-dyed yarns, this pre-shrunk midweight fabric will develop handsome fades and patterns of wear.
We sew up our jeans in our Brighton workshop using vintage Union Special sewing machines and finish each pair with a selvedge fly, faithfully reproduced WWII herringbone pocket bags, and a chrome-tanned leather waist patch that will earn its own charm as the years roll by.
- 14.25 oz Japanese red selvage denim, woven on Toyoda looms and pre-shrunk
- Pure indigo rope dyed 16 times
- Stone thread colour, historically correct for late 1950's workwear, we use core spun thread designed specifically for heavy denim
- British deadstock WW2 twill pocket bag fabric dated 1945
- Chrome leather patch, branded by hand
- Die cast heavy waistband button
- Two prong nail fly buttons, this style was first patented around the 1870's
- Copper branded washer and nail rivets
- Branded hidden back pocket rivets
- Splayed back pockets, for comfort
- Hemmed using our 1959 Union Special Hemmer
- Selvedge fly
- Fully felled in-seam made on our Union Special 35800
- Reece 101 button holes
- Numbered product, signed by our maker
All our jeans are made to order, we aim to deliver within 4 weeks.
© Dawson Denim 2012