Denim is what we do, meaning five-pocket jeans will always be a pillar of our brand. To us, a regular fit is something that can be worn by anyone, anywhere, and embodies why jeans are such a ubiquitous garment. An unquestionable standard.
We took inspiration from leg shapes used on iconic men's jeans in the late 50's and early 60's and dialled in what we consider to be the perfect standard fit. It's a relaxed-but-tidy silhouette with a higher rise for comfort and mobility, leaving you with a jean you can throw on everyday.
This pair of our Regular Fit jeans is made from our heavyweight redline raw selvedge denim, woven in Japan on rare 1920s shuttle looms. Weighing in at 18 oz., this organic cotton fabric comes rigid and rich in indigo, ready for you to break in and put your stamp on.
We sew up our jeans in our Brighton workshop using vintage Union Special sewing machines and finish each pair with a selvedge fly, faithfully reproduced WWII herringbone pocket bags, and a chrome-tanned leather waist patch that will earn its own charm as the years roll by.
- 18oz Japanese red selvedge denim from our Mill Nihon Menpu
- Organic cotton
- Stone thread colour, historically correct for late 1950's workwear, we use core spun thread designed specifically for heavy denim
- Heavy replica WW2 chino twill pocket bag fabric
- Chrome leather patch, branded by hand or Organic cotton printed labels suitable for vegans
- Die cast heavy waistband button
- Copper branded washer and nail rivets
- Branded hidden back pocket rivets
- Splayed back pockets, for comfort embroidered with our brand arcuate
- Hemmed using our 1959 Union Special Hemmer
- Selvedge fly
- Fully felled in-seam made on our Union Special 35800
- Reece 101 button holes
- Numbered product, signed by our maker
All our jeans are made to order, we aim to deliver within 4 weeks.
© Dawson Denim 2020