Our Engineer Jacket is an update of a classic piece of workwear worn by engineers and railroad workers throughout the early 20th Century. A minimal yet charming silhouette, these jackets were issued without collars to avoid any mishaps in production.
The simple design of our Engineer Jacket allows this 10.5 oz. indigo-dyed sashiko to shine. Woven for us by Japan’s esteemed Nihon Menpu Mills, this fabric has a heavily textured surface that will fade with wear, revealing brighter tones of indigo. To pay homage to this jacket’s workwear roots, we fitted it with roomy patch pockets at the hip, and an internal hunters pocket that’s perfect for tablets and smartphones.
Perfect as a layering garment or a standalone jacket, you’ll keep finding ways to work this versatile piece into a variety of outfits.
Each Engineer Jacket is hand-made in our Brighton workshop and finished with fully felled triple-stitched seams, sturdy corozo buttons, and a branded canvas label.
- Indigo Sashiko style woven cotton
- Woven on Japanese Imamura looms developed in the 1920’s
- Dyed to match navy colour threads core spun for strength
- Patch pockets
- Hidden internal Hunters pocket, perfect for ipads
- Canvas Dawson Branded label
- Corozo buttons
- Hanger loop
- Raglan sleeves
- Two piece sleeve
- Fully felled triple stitched seams
- Reece 101 button holes
- Numbered product, signed by our maker