The Sack Jacket is our take on the archetypal workwear coverall. One of our earliest jacket silhouettes, we’ve updated the fit by trimming unnecessary room in the chest and sleeves, resulting in something that slots into the modern wardrobe whilst referencing workwear of yesteryear.
This rendition of our Sack Jacket is made from an 11 oz. indigo-dyed wabash twill made exclusively for us by our mill in Okayama, Japan. Wabash is a time-honored print with roots in the 19th century, making it perfect for a jacket inspired by workwear of the same era. Over time, the indigo dye will fade with wear, leaving you with a rich palette of blue and white and jacket.
Each Sack Jacket is made on vintage sewing machines in our Brighton workshop and finished with Reese 101 buttonholes, custom diecast buttons, a canvas Dawson-branded label, and a unique spectacle button hole on the front placket.
- 11 oz Indigo Dyed printed wabash twill from Japan
- Stone thread colour, we use core spun thread designed specifically for denim
- Pockets are lined with natural Japanese herringbone pocket bags
- Canvas Dawson Branded label
- Hidden internal pocket
- Selvedge hanger loop
- Die cast placket button.
- Spectacle loop.
- Two prong nail cuff buttons, this style was first patented around the 1870's
- Bucket shaped pockets
- Hemmed using our 1959 Union Special Hemmer
- Reece 101 button holes
- Numbered product, signed by our maker
© Dawson Denim 2012