Our Engineer Jacket is an update of a classic piece of workwear worn by engineers and railroad workers throughout the early 20th Century. A minimal yet charming silhouette, these jackets were issued without collars to avoid any mishaps in production.
This Engineer Jacket is rendered in a mid-weight raw selvedge denim, woven from plant-dyed yarns on Japanese Toyoda looms. A fabric that will age gracefully, we’ve offset its rich natural indigo tone with strong stone-colored threads that highlight the jacket’s raglan sleeves. Perfect as a layering garment or a standalone jacket thanks to its relaxed fit, you’ll keep finding ways to work this versatile piece into a variety of outfits and the denim will look all the better for it as the years roll by.
To pay homage to this jacket’s workwear roots, we fitted it with roomy patch pockets at the hip, and an internal hunters pocket that’s perfect for tablets and smartphones.
Each Engineer Jacket is hand-made in our Brighton workshop and finished with fully felled triple-stitched seams, sturdy corozo buttons, and a branded canvas label.
- 14.5oz white selvedge Natural plant dyed indigo denim
- Woven on Japanese Toyoda looms developed in the 1920’s
- Stone colour threads of the Dawson Brand, core spun for strength
- Patch pockets
- Hidden internal Hunters pocket in selvedge blue and white twisted yarn, perfect for ipads.
- Canvas Dawson Branded label
- Dawson Denim Branded buttons
- Selvedge hanger loop
- Raglan sleeves
- Two piece sleeve
- Fully felled triple stitched seams
- Reece 101 button holes
- Numbered product, signed by our maker