Denim is what we do, meaning five-pocket jeans will always be a pillar of our brand. To us, a regular fit is something that can be worn by anyone, anywhere, and embodies why jeans are such a ubiquitous garment. An unquestionable standard.
We took inspiration from leg shapes used on iconic men's jeans in the late 50's and early 60's and dialed in what we consider to be the perfect standard fit. It's a relaxed-but-tidy silhouette with a higher rise for comfort and mobility, leaving you with a jean you can throw on every day and make your own.We're back this AW22 season with a new and improved fit, we added a little one the thigh and tapered at the hem. Finishing at 32" inseam.
This pair of our Regular Fit jeans is made from 14.25 oz. raw selvedge denim, made in Japan on vintage shuttle looms. Woven from pure indigo-dyed yarns.
We’ve teamed up with Britain's leading denim laundry for our AW22 collection to apply authentic and sustainable washes to a selection of our Japanese Selvedge workwear. Using a bleach and acid-free enzyme wash, our forward-thinking laundry neutralises the ph of all water used in the wash before recycling it, leading to a more environmentally friendly process that aligns with our morals here at Dawson.
We sew up our jeans in our Brighton workshop using vintage Union Special sewing machines this is a limited numbered batch.
Other details include :
- 14.25 oz Japanese red selvage denim, woven on Toyoda looms and pre-shrunk
- Pure indigo rope dyed 16 times
- Stone thread colour, historically correct for late 1950's workwear, we use core spun thread designed specifically for heavy denim
- Heavy duty natural HBT pocket bags
- Horween leather patches, branded by hand or Organic Canvas printed patch.
- Die cast heavy waistband button
- Two prong nail fly buttons, this style was first patented around the 1870's
- Copper branded washer and nail rivets
- Splayed back pockets, for comfort
- Hemmed using our 1959 Union Special Hemmer
- Selvedge fly
- Fully felled in-seam made on our Union Special 35800
- Reece 101 button holes
- Numbered product, signed by our maker
© Dawson Denim 2022